GS2: International Developments
- Behind the clashes at Al Aqsa Saudi Arabia, which has given its tacit blessings to the “Abraham Accords” by not opposing Israel’s recognition by UAE, Bahrain, Morocco and Sudan, said it “rejects Israel’s plans and measures to evict dozens of Palestinians from their homes in Jerusalem”.
- The Middle east reset India and Pakistan must come to terms with the changing dynamics in greater Middle East.
- A national health service in India It is time to revive a plan that is modelled on the British National Health Service
- Fixing the vaccine crunch Besides the two vaccines in use in India, three vaccine candidates look promising
GS2: Social development
- Decoding inequality in a digital world Technological changes in education and health are worsening inequities
- MGNREGA demands double over last year The average income per person per month under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) doubled to ₹1,000 in the first four months of this fiscal from ₹509 in the previous year, ratings and research agency Crisil said in a report on Tuesday.
- Small Finance Banks may lend ₹3,000 cr. to MFIs ‘Priority sector tag to boost liquidity’
GS3: Science and Tech
- WHO classifies India variant as being of global concern B.1.617 variant of Covid-19 first found in India last October seemed to be transmitting more easily than the original version of the virus.