- Explained: A 2021 Dandi March to mark 75 years of Independence (IE) The Prime Minister is expected to flag off the 21-day long Dandi March from a ground beside the Abhay Ghat, the resting place of late Prime Minister Morarji Desai near the Sabarmati Ashram, thus launching the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
"Geography: Population and related issues": GS1
- Census 2021 (PIB) The Indian Census is largest administrative and statistical exercise in the world. The next decennial Census is due in 2021 and would be conducted in two phases:
- House listing and Housing Census - April to September, 2020 and
- Population Enumeration - 9th February to 28th February, 2021.
- Haryana government defeats no-trust vote (TH) The no-confidence motion was moved by the Congress against the Bharatiya Janata Party-Jannayak Janta Party coalition government in Haryana.
- Call to protect people from second hand smoke (TH) Doctors, cancer victims and restaurateurs in Assam seek removal of designated smoking rooms in hotels, restaurants and airports
- CBI tells SC that it will pursue coal theft case (TH) States argue that the CBI cannot probe a crime in their territories when law and order is a state subject. The top court has earlier held that constitutional courts could order a CBI probe into any issue in a state.
"Cabinet approves creation of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi as a single non-lapsable reserve fund for Health from the proceeds of health and Education Cess (PIB); Cabinet clears fund for health care (TH)" Amount accruing from health cess to be managed by Health Ministry.