- Arunachal harbours a vanadium source (TH) Arunachal Pradesh, considered a sleeping hydropower giant, could be India’s prime producer of vanadium, a high-value metal used in strengthening steel and titanium.
- "Ministry of Education issues guidelines for identification, admission and continued education of migrant children (PIB)" In order to mitigate the impact of challenges thrown by the COVID-19 pandemic for out of school children, it was felt necessary for every State/UT to devise a proper strategy for preventing increased drop outs, lower enrolments, loss of learning and deterioration in the gains made in providing universal access, quality and equity in the recent years.
- Explained: Trump is heading for second impeachment. Here’s how it could play out (IE) A misconception about impeachment is that it refers to the removal of a president from office. In fact, impeachment refers only to the House of Representatives, the lower chamber of Congress, bringing charges that a president engaged in a “high crime or misdemeanor” – similar to an indictment in a criminal case.
International Relations: GS2
- What are H-1B visas and new wage-based rules? (IE) The new wage-based work visa regime will now give priority in selection of visas to applications of those employers where the “proffered wage equals or exceeds” the prevailing level in that area of employment.
Science & Technology: GS3
- Harnessing what Einstein called spooky ‘action at a distance’(TH) ‘Entangled’ particles mimic changes in each other regardless of the separation
- Explained: A missing supermassive black hole that has left astronomers baffled Scientists have been looking for the black hole using NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory and Hubble Space Telescope, and have so far found no evidence that it is anywhere to be found.
- Planning an exit out of the easy money regime (TH) The RBI’s main challenge would be in managing the tension between restraining inflation and supporting recovery
- The front seat in electric mobility(TH) The lithium and cobalt industry are likely to grow domestically to support the switch to electric vehicles
- PM to address valedictory function of 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival on 12 January (PIB) The objective of National Youth Parliament Festival is to hear the voice of youth between 18 and less than 25 years of age, who will join various careers in coming years, including public services.National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) is based on the idea given by Prime Minister in his Mann Ki Baat Address on 31st December 2017. Taking inspiration from the idea of Prime Minister, the first NYPF 2019 was organised from 12 January to 27 February 2019 at District, State & National level with the theme “Be the Voice of New India and Find solutions and Contribute to Policy”.