- Denying women the right over their bodies (TH) Neither the state nor doctors have any right to deny a woman a safe abortion
- BJP MP issues breach of privilege notice against Mahua Moitra (TH) TMC’s Mahua Moitra ‘cast aspersions’ against a former CJI, says BJP’s Chaudhary
- 2.2% UAPA cases ended in conviction in 3 years (TH) Only 2.2 % of cases registered under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act between the years 2016-2019 ended in convictions by court.
- Explained: The move to privatise banks (IE) The Budget proposes to privatise two PSU banks this financial year. Why was the need felt, 51 years after nationalisation of govt-owned banks? A look at the banking sector’s concerns, and moves to address them.
- Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission Under VCF-SC (PIB) The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India in order to boost entrepreneurship and innovation among the SC students/SC Divyang youth has launched Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission (ASIIM) under Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes (VCF-SC) on 30th September 2020.
Economy: Infra GS3
- Parliament today passes landmark Major Port Authorities Bill,2020 (PIB) This will also help in bringing transparency in operations of Major Ports.This will empower the Major Ports to perform with greater efficiency on account of full autonomy in decision making and by modernizing the institutional framework of Major Ports.
Science & Technology: GS3
- National Monsoon Mission (PIB) Under the Monsoon Mission, Ministry has developed the state-of-the-art weather and climate prediction models, which are now in operational use. These models include models for short range to medium range (1-10 days), extended range (10days to 30 days) and seasonal (up to one season). The models developed under the National Monsoon Mission (NMM) have shown very high skill in predicting important weather events on different time scales during the last 3years.