- Cattle, buffalo meat residue found in Indus valley vessels (TH) First such study of absorbed lipid residues in pottery from multiple sites, including Rakhigarhi, Farmana and Masudpur.
- ‘Rules governing CAA still under preparation ’(TH) The CAA provides citizenship on the basis of religion to six undocumented non-Muslim communities from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh who entered India on or before December 31, 2014. The Act says that all legal proceedings against them for illegally entering into the country or cases for obtaining citizenship through fraudulent means will be closed.
- "SC seeks A-G’s inputs in Maratha quota case (TH) The Constitution Amendment Act introduced Articles 338B and 342A in the Constitution. Article 338B deals with the newly established National Commission for Backward Classes. Article 342A empowers the President to specify the socially and educationally backward communities in a State. It says that it is for Parliament to include a community in the Central List for socially and backward classes for the grant of reservation benefits.
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) celebrated Human Rights Day today (PIB) Appreciating the work done by the National Human Rights Commission for the promotion and protection of Human Rights andreferring to the people’sbelief in the commission, the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs said that the commission has played its role as a quasi- judicial watchdog without fear and favour. He added that strengthening ofHuman Rights at the grassroots level is the collective responsibility of society.
GS3 Science & Technology
- Explained: Why parts of the US may be able to see the Northern Lights today (IE) An aurora (plural: auroras or aurorae), sometimes referred to as polar lights (aurora polaris), northern lights (aurora borealis), or southern lights (aurora australis), is a natural light display in the Earth's sky, predominantly seen in high-latitude regions
- "India and UN-Based Better Than Cash Alliance organized a joint Peer learning exchange on fintech solutions for responsible digital payments at the last mile (PIB) United Nations, the Better Than Cash Alliance is a partnership of over 75 governments, companies and international organizations committed to accelerate the transition from cash to digital payments to advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
- "Cabinet approves setting up of Public Wi-Fi Networks by Public Data Office Aggregators to provide public Wi-Fi service through Public Data Offices without levy of any License Fee (PIB)" This Public Wi-Fi Access Network Interface will be known as PM-WANI.PM-WANI ecosystem will be operated by different players as described herein under:Public Data Office (PDO): It will establish, maintain, and operate only WANI compliant Wi-Fi Access Points and deliver broadband services to subscribers.
- Climate change: What the Emissions Gap Report 2020 tells us (DTE) Global GHG emissions continued to grow for the third consecutive year in 2019, reaching a record high of 52.4 Gigatonne carbon equivalent (GtCO2e) (range: ±5.2) without land-use change (LUC) emissions and 59.1 GtCO2e (range: ±5.9) when including LUC.”