GS1: Urbanisation related issues
- Green economy and mobility key aspects of draft 2041 master plan A dedicated Green Development Area (GDA) for incentivising large-scale implementation of green economies, transit-oriented development aligned model.
GS2: Salient Features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- EC has vast powers to act against the criminalisation of politics. Former CEC, however, cautions against poll body entering political process
GS2: Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Refused entry, MP moves against Lakshadweep Administrator (Privilege motion) Since Mr. Patel’s appointment, Binoy Viswam said, the administration has passed a number of directions that encroach on personal liberty
GS2: Role of Civil Services in a democracy
- Should retired officials be barred from disclosing information? The restrictions in place must be based on operational calculations
GS3: Environmental conservation
- Private land in Kallar corridor declared a forest This is the first corridor area in the State to be brought under the Tamil Nadu Preservation of Private Forests Act, 1949
GS3: Science and Technology
- CHIME telescope yields unprecedented results Scientific collaboration detects more than 500 mysterious fast radio bursts in its first year of operation
Prelims (Map marking)
- Terror in the Sahel (Map marking) Global powers should not stay away from the growing threat posed by Islamists in Africa
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
- Education Ministry releases AISHE report 2019-20, number of PhDs increased by 60% in last five years The Ministry of Education on Thursday released the All Indian Survey of Higher Education (AISHE) report 2019-20. The report revealed that the number of Institutes of National Importance (INIs) have increased from 75 in 2015 to 135 in 2020. The number of PhDs has also increased by 60 per cent in the last five years.
GS3: Major Crops - Cropping Patterns in various parts of the country and related issues
- Beed Model of Crop insurance or farmers, the low rate of premium and relatively decent coverage make the scheme attractive. A premium of Rs 1,300 can insure an hectare of soyabean for Rs 45,000. Prior to 2020, the scheme was optional for farmers who did not have loans pending, but mandatory for loanee farmers. Since 2020, it has been optional for all farmers. In Maharashtra, over the years, more non-loanee farmers have enrolled, although it was optional for them.
GS3: Environment and ecology
- Brood X: The lives and encounters of America’s largest group of cicadas Cicadas also do not bite or sting, but when the males sing, their collective chorus can reach up to 100 decibels, a noise level that can possibly cause severe damage if you are exposed to it for several hours. One hundred decibels is equivalent to a jet flyover at 1000 feet, a motorcycle or a powered lawn mower.
- ‘eSanjeevani’, Govt. of India’s free Telemedicine service completes 60 Lakh consultations eSanjeevaniAB-HWC – the doctor to doctor telemedicine platform has been implemented at around 20,000 Health and Wellness Centres as spokes and over 1800 hubs in around 30 States. The Ministry of Defence too has hosted a National OPD on eSanjeevaniOPD, where over 100 veteran doctors and specialists - roped in by the Ministry of Defence, serve patients across the country.