- How much is too much when collecting data for planning?(TH) We have some legal framework for protecting Census and other survey data, but the problem is that organisations that handle these are not strictly independent regulatory authorities. For example, the Census Commissioner of India has the power under the Indian Census Act to say no — I had said no to governments
- DO RT-PCR TO CATCH FALSE NEGATIVES AFTER ANTIGEN TEST:CENTRE TO STATES(IE) Symptomatic negative cases are those where the patient has symptoms of Covid, but tests negative. Since rapid antigen tests are known to have high degree of false negatives, the ICMR had mandated that symptomatic negative cases must get a retest through RT-PCR.
- Uttarakhand gives intel tag to Vigilance,out of RTI purview(IE) The 2nd schedule of the RTI Act provides a list of 26 organisations that are exempted from providing information on grounds of being intelligence and security organisations. Section 24 of the Act states: “The Central government has the authority to amend the 2nd schedule from time to time, thereby adding, removing or substituting organisations present…. The state government has a similar authority and is authorised to exempt an intelligence and security organisation by issuing a notification in the official gazette.”
GS2: International Relations
- Jaishankar, Wang hold talks Before their bilateral meeting, Jaishankar and Wang attended a 90-minute luncheon meeting hosted by Russian Foreign Minister – the three countries make the RIC (Russia, India China) grouping.
- PM launches Matsya Sampadan Yojana,says scheme will double fish exports in 3-4 years(IE) Under the new scheme, fish producers will get new infrastructure, modern equipment, and new markets will be provided, Modi said. “This will increase earning opportunities through farming as well as other means.” The scheme will boost fish, milk and honey production, paving the way for blue, white and sweet revolutions, he said.
- An agriculture led revival as ﬂawed claim(TH) The crisis in agriculture demands that the government announce a strong fiscal stimulus for the rural economy.
- CRISIS SAFETY NET(IE) With the monetary policy committee of the Reserve Bank of India cutting the benchmark repo rate sharply over the past few months, and the central bank actively intervening in the bond market in order to stimulate economic activity, there has been a sharp reduction in both short- and long-term rates in the broader economy.
Keel laid for the third stealth frigate of Project 17A Seven frigates under P17A series will be constructed of which four are being constructed in MDL and three in GRSE with MDL as the lead yard. The P17A class frigates are being built using indigenously developed steel and fitted with weapons and sensors along with Integrated Platform Management System. These ships are having stealth features.