- Panel flags Centre’s meagre pensions (TH) Parliamentary Standing Committee on Rural Development slams government laxity in raising amounts.
International Relations: GS2
- U.S. plan for Afghanistan raises concerns (TH) The American policy was revealed over the weekend during U.S. Special Envoy Zalmay Khalilzad’s talks with External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar and a letter written by U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken to Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani.
- The tale of two terminals in Colombo (TH) Private investors to develop West Container Terminal at Colombo Port. ... Both India and Japan had earlier expressed displeasure about ...
- NITI Aayog and RMI India release a new report ‘Mobilising Electric Vehicle Financing in India' (PIB) NITI Aayog and Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) India released a new report ‘Mobilising Electric Vehicle Financing in India’, which highlights the role of finance in the India’s transition to electric vehicles (EVs) and analyses that the transition will require a cumulative capital investment of USD 266 billion (Rs 19.7 lakh crore) in EVs, charging infrastructure, and batteries over the next decade.
Environment : GS3
- "Adding another national regulator will not help environment (DTE)After more than two years of flip-flops by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), the Supreme Court (SC) gave a deadline of April 30, this year to the ministry to start the process of setting up a national environmental regulator under the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986, with offices in as many states as possible.