GS2: Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- The promise and perils of digital justice delivery Phase 3 of the e-Courts project can harness technology for service delivery without increasing surveillance risks
GS3: Environmental conservation
- Dihing Patkai is Assam’s 7th National Park It has 47 species each of reptiles and mammals, including tiger and clouded leopard.
- Pakke Tiger Reserve’s contingency workers go on strike Move taken over non-payment of wages since December 2020
GS2: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States
- At home Governments must protect the interests of children orphaned by COVID-19
- Cabinet approves 5 MHz spectrum for Railways This will help prevent train accidents and reduce delays
GS2: Effect of Policies and Politics of Developed and Developing Countries on India’s interests
- U.S. Senate passes huge innovation Bill The 68-32 vote for the bill demonstrates how confronting China economically is an issue that unites both parties in Congress.
- Shun vaccine nationalism, says UNGA president-elect ‘It will be destructive to our efforts of making sure that we do away with this pandemic that has devastated our countries,’ he says
GS2: Role of Civil Services in a democracy
- Central deputation of officers very low: DoPT DoPT tells States that not sending enough officers may affect future cadre review proposals.
GS3: Issues related to Direct and Indirect Farm Subsidies and Minimum Support Prices
- Centre announces hike in MSP for paddy, pulses, oilseeds Farmer groups unhappy with the increase in paddy price.
- Explained: How Sardar Sarovar Dam is providing irrigation water in summer for the first time in history Called the ‘lifeline of Gujarat', the Sardar Sarovar Narmada Dam usually has no water for irrigation during summers. However, this year the dam had 122.72 metres with live storage of 1,711 million cubic metres in the month of June.
GS3: Land reforms & related schemes
- Enables Survey of India to use drones for mapping of inhabited areas of villages under “SVAMITVA” scheme The SVAMITVA scheme aims to provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India. The demarcation of Abadi areas (the Abadi area includes inhabitant land, inhabited areas contiguous to Abadi and wadis/basties in rural areas) would be done using Drone Surveying technology, with the collaborative efforts of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Department, State Revenue Department. This permission grant will allow Large Scale Mapping (LSM) by Survey of India using drones.
GS2: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
- Three Indian universities achieve top-200 positions in QS World University Rankings 2022 IIT Bombay secured overall score of 46.4 out of 100. The Institute has a score of 51.3 in academic reputation, 79.6 in employer reputation, 55.5 in citation per faculty, 32.5 in faculty student ratio, 1.5 in international faculty and 1.6 in international students, all scores out of a maximum of 100 points. Among these six parameters, Employer Reputation indicated the strongest one for IIT Bombay with a rank of 72 globally.