- PM CARES not within the ambit of RTI Act: PMO(TH) Fund is not public authority, says reply.
- Use of casteist slurs during phone call in private no crime under SC/ST Act: High Court(IE) Could warrant five years in prison’
- Ex-Railway tribunal chief: Can compensate kin of Shramik victim under ‘eggshell’ rule(IE) Pointing to a 2018 judgment of the RCT that awarded Rs 8 lakh to the kin of a passenger who died after falling off the upper berth of a train, Justice K Kannan, who was RCT chairman until a year ago, said that while death of a passenger due to illness alone is not a ground for compensation, the “eggshell” principle in law allows for such a compensation.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs releases infographics highlighting the initiatives and achievements of the over the last six years(PIB) Facilitation of Research and Development on COVID-19: Considering the emerging situations of spread of Coronavirus and with the understanding on requirement of rapid research and development for COVI-19, the Department has proactively taken several steps to facilitate researchers and industries involved in research on COVID19. DBT has issued following guidelines, orders and checklist on COVID 19
GS2: International Relations
- Explained: Why UN Command found North and South Korea in violation of armistice agreement at border(TH)" The 1953 Korean Armistice Agreement, was a ceasefire though there was no official declaration of the end of the war, and the conflict has continued, without fighting between the parties.
- Explained: Why China is opposing THAAD defence systems in South Korea(IE) According to some observers of East Asia, China believes the US exerts influence over South Korea and Japan and may interfere with Beijing's long-term military, diplomatic and economic interests in the region.
- Explained: What’s the G-7 group, in which Trump says he wants to include India Last year, the G-7 summit was held on August 24-26 at Biarritz in southwestern France, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi was invited to attend as a special guest of French President Emmanuel Macron.
- G7 very outdated, want India, South Korea, Australia in grouping: Trump(IE) Trump suggested that the Group of 7 be called “G10 or G11”, and proposed that the grouping meet in September or November this year.
GS3: Science and Tech
- IT Minister Launches National AI Portal of India- www.ai.gov.in(PIB) This portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry. National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry will jointly run this portal.
- A Rapid Response Regulatory enabling mechanism facilitated by Department of Biotechnology for COVID 19(PIB)
GS3: Defence and Security
- Military bonding beyond borders(TH) The border dispute with Nepal turns the spotlight on the Gurkha regiments, which have been a pillar of India’s national security for decades.