- Who is a farmer? Government has no clear definition (TH) Such an ambiguity has serious implications for the design and beneficiaries of schemes meant to help them
- Fractured verdicts and the Governor’s role (TH) It was not a wholly fractured verdict. A pre-poll alliance of the Bharatiya Janata Party (105 seats) and the Shiv Sena (56) had a clear majority (161 in the 288-seat Assembly, with 145 being the majority mark), but the Sena broke the alliance over unresolved issues related to sharing of power.
- Explained: What Fundamental Duties mean (IE) Over last few days, the Prime Minister, President, Vice President and Law Minister have been stressing Fundamental Duties.
- ‘92.9?ses of crime against women pending in city courts’ (TH) NCRB data for 2017 reveal that convictions have taken place in 690 cases
GS2: Social Issues
- Antibiotic prescription rate high in private sector (TH) Irrational use has its origins in production and selling tactics of pharma companies: expert
- Battling anti-microbial resistance (TH) India must accelerate implementation of its National Action Plan on anti-microbial resistance
GS2: International Relations
- "India, Japan call upon Pakistan to act on terror (TH) The two countries also agreed to coordinate the first India-Japan joint fighter aircraft exercise in Japan.
- 2+2 Dialogue will further cement India-Japan strategic relations (ORF) The mechanism itself is quite significant. Japan is only the second country (after the United States) with which India has such a dialogue format.
- India, Sweden to sign MoU for polar science cooperation (TH) India and Sweden are likely to sign their first maritime cooperation agreement, Cooperation in Polar Science.
- Operation ‘Clean Art’ to crack down on illegal trade in mongoose hair (TH) First pan India operation to crackdown on the smuggling of mongoose hair; raids carried out in U.P, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Kerala.
- Indian ICA proposal finds partial support in new drafts on mitigation actions (DTE) India's proposal that all the countries with over one per cent of global emission share should subject their voluntary targets and mitigation actions have found partial mention in two notes by the co-facilitators of the AWG-LCA on mitigation actions.
- e-Toll for the road (TH) Toll collection across all national highways in the country will be done electronically starting December 1, as per the latest directions from the ministry of road transport and highways.