Q..1) Energy efficiency has dual benefits as it not only saves money but also saves the environment. Discuss in the context of the energy efficiency initiatives taken by the Government of India.(15 marks - 250 words)
Why this question? - The Ministry of Power has released a Report on “Impact of energy efficiency measures for the year 2018-19” through a Video conference recently.
Intro - If aware about the report start with it, if not start with a general introduction - With the growth of the economy, the demand for energy has grown substantially and the high level of energy intensity in some of the sectors is a matter of concern.
Body - Need for energy efficiency - Will lead to proper utilization of resources and save government’s money, save environment, global commitment (COP 21)
Initiatives taken in this direction: PAT, UJALA etc.
Challenges - Power plants in India less efficient, AT&C losses etc.
Way forward - Making India an energy efficient economy requires optimum utilization of energy resources with minimum wastages.
Q.2) India’s rental housing segment is plagued with many hurdles.During the current COVID-19 pandemic this issue has been highlighted again. Explain what steps can be taken to create adequate rental housing stock in the country.(15 marks - 250 words)
Why this question?
With the social and economic impacts of the current pandemic and associated lockdown,there is a clarion call made to landlords by tenants to ‘forgive’ rent for a month or two.
Mention recently issued MHA’s order under the Disaster Management Act,2005
- Existing framework for rental segment
- Problems associated
- Informality in the rental housing market:
- Loopholes in existing legislations
- Steps needed
- Removing hurdles in existing laws
- Mobilisation of housing, welfare and disaster funds
- Formalisation of the field
Improving Model Tenancy Act,2019
Q.3) Between gaon and governance, how the govt’s Digital India is bridging rural-urban divide? Discuss. (15 Marks-250 Words)
Why this question?
For the first time, India has extra cyber web customers in rural areas than in urban cities. The latest document by the Web & Cell Affiliation of India (IAMAI) and Nielsen showed rural India had 227 million entertaining cyber web customers, 10% larger than urban India’s about 205 million, as of November 2019.
Introduction: Briefly tell about India’s web penetration scenario.
- About Digital India
Body: Outcomes of Digital India
- Common Services Centres (CSCs) have been a boost for the government’s flagship scheme Digital India, and have succeeded in bringing government schemes closer to rural citizens.
- The concept of CSCs emerged from the National e-Governance Plan.
- Building a rural workforce: A network of more than 2.7 lakh Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs), of which 1.63 lakh work in Gram Panchayats across India, has been the nerve centre of last-mile delivery.
- After the launch of Digital India in 2015, there has been a spurt in the scale of VLE operations.
- Various Government to Citizen (G2C) services have been integrated with the Digital Seva portal.
- Health services penetration: ‘Hello Health Kits’ for basic health parameters, ‘Nethra kits’ for eye tests, ‘HealthHomeo’ for homoeopathic treatment, ‘JIVA Ayurveda’ and basic pathology facilities have begun reaching the remotest corners through this network.
- Digital literacy: Since its launch in February 2017, the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharata Abhiyan (PMGDISHA) has sought to provide digital literacy training to six crore citizens in rural areas, reaching out to 40 per cent rural households by covering at least one member from every digitally unskilled family.
Conclusion: By bridging the gap between gaon and governance, the Digital India revolution has achieved a milestone.
Q.4) Explain the significance of Pre-packs that the government is planning to introduce to the insolvency code to fast-track processing of cases. Also discuss the issues related to Pre packs.
Define the Pre packs.
State of insolvency Proceedings.Pending cases in NCLT
Significance of Pre-packs
Issues in introduction of pre-packs
Provide a way forward.
Q.5) Discuss the religious beliefs of Buddhism and their relevance in current times. (15marks - 250 words)
Why this question? - The govt of India is celebrating the occasion of Buddha-Purnima, celebrated on Vesak Day - Triple Blessed Day as Tathagata Gautam Buddha's Birth, Enlightenment and Maha Parnirvana.
Intro - You can tell how it originated.
Body - Discuss religious beliefs of Buddhism. Imp in current times - You can tell that the teachings of the Buddha, and his message of compassion and peace and goodwill have never been more relevant than the current time, when the world is reeling under COVID-19 outbreak.