Q.1) The Street Vendors Act, 2014 has done justice to its target population and to its main objectives. Critically comment. (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - Uneven implementation of the Street Vendors Act of 2014, is creating problems in the implementation of the PM SVANidhi Scheme.
Intro - A brief about status of Street vendors in India.
- Salient features of the act
- Challenges faced in the implementation of the act
Way ahead - PMSVANidhi etc.
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion
Q.2) Deliberate on the problems in infrastructure development in India. (150 words)
Why this question?
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved three infrastructure proposals worth ₹7,725 crore for setting up greenfield industrial cities with connectivity to major transportation corridors such as the eastern and western dedicated freight corridors, expressways and National Highways.
Introduction: Discuss the importance of infrastructure in a developing economy.
Problems in infrastructure development in India:
- Land Acquisition
- Clearances from numerous agencies
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Poor pre-construction planning.
Govt.initiatives: Dedicated freight corridors, expressways and National Highways
Conclusion: Summarize and provide a way forward.