Q.1) In the light of problems being faced by the Indian banking sector, suggest ways to strengthen the banking sector. (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - A recent recommendation by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), allowing large corporate or industrial houses to be promoters of private banks has raised a lot of concern.
Intro - A brief background of Indian banking system.
- Need for a strong banking system.
- Problems faced by Indian banking system.
- Measures to reform
Way ahead - What more needs to be done.
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion.
Q.2) Discuss the critical role played by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) in providing a specialist response to various disasters in the country. (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - As cyclone "NIVAR '' is very likely to intensify further into a severe cyclonic storm crossing Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coasts, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is working in close coordination with district and local administrations.
Intro - Mention that teams of rescuers from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) are now a familiar sight at most of the natural calamities or man-made disasters in India.
- Origin of NDRF in DM act, 2005
- The constitution of NDRF and its structure
- Diverse role of NDRF
- Suggestions to improve the DM architecture
- Upgradation of technology
- Coordination with other forces etc
Conclusion: Mention that NDRF will remain the main national agency, however, there is an urgent need to build efficient State Disaster Response Forces (SDRFs) across states.
Q.3) Poshan Abhiyaan must be stepped up to meet the targets set by the government to reduce stunting, wasting and anaemia by 2022.Comment (15 marks: 250 words)
Why this question?
A report by NITI Aayog on Poshan Abhiyaan was released recently
Mention poor statistics in India in health indicators
- Details about Poshan Abhiyan and it’s targets
- Current status of these indicators
- Problems due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Need for POSHAN-plus strategy
- Mention a few suggestions
Summarize the above discussion
Q.4) With land being retrieved after declaring the Roshni Act null and void, and with forceful evictions taking place, many tribal families are unlikely to benefit from the implementation of the Forests Rights Act (FRA) in J&K. (250 words)
Why this question?
- The J&K government has nullified the State Land (Vesting of Ownership to the Occupants) Act, 2001, also known as the Roshni Act. Thus the question.
Introduction: Mention in brief about the Roshni Act and its nullification and implementation of FRA in J&K.
- Tribal population in J&K
- Poor status of tribals
- Challenges in implementation of FRA
- Evictions of tribals
- Hassles in proving land ownership
- No cut-off date
Conclusion: Summarize the above points