Q.1) The recent developments have made it clear that India’s principal foreign policy challenge lies in dealing with the rise of China. Examine(15marks - 250words)
Why this question?- Recent violent stand-offs between India and China in the Galwan valley.
Intro - Mention about the recent stand-offs between India and China.
Body - Highlight the ups and down in India-China relations since the 1950s. Then, mention the challenges faced by Indian diplomacy in dealing with the rise of China and how it is hampering India’s position as a regional and potential global power.
Way ahead - Steps to be taken by Indian diplomacy to ensure that China’s rise is not adversarial to India's interests.
Conclusion - Indian Foreign Policy needs a long-term vision, executed with patience and perseverance.
Q.2) Moving ahead Indian diplomacy has to walk on a tightrope as India-Nepal relations are passing through a troubled phase. Examine
Why this question? - Nepal’s Parliament recently cleared a Constitution Amendment Bill that endorses the country’s new map that includes territories with India - Limpiadora, Lipulekh and Kalapani.
Intro - Highlight what has led to India-Nepal relations going to new low.
Body - Importance of Nepal for maintaining India’s Strategic, Economic etc interests. Where Indian diplomacy is missing in maintaining cordial relations with Nepal. Why maintaining relations with Nepal is like walking on a tightrope - bring China angle etc.
Way ahead - Gujral doctrine is the need of the hour.
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion.
Q.3) Discuss the issues faced by women during the pandemic and also suggest some measures to prevent women from violence suffered during the pandemic.
Why this question;
- With the COVID-19 epidemic, there is an escalation in the risk millions face from domestic and gender-based violence.
Intro: Introduce with NCW data about rise in women related crimes during pandemic.
- Discuss the issues faced by women.
- State the reason the violence
Conclusion: suggest measure such as creation of shelter homes, helpline etc
Q.4) Discuss the major features of Representation of people’s act to ensure free and fair elections.
Why in news:
- the Supreme Court has held in a judgment, Secrecy of ballot is the cornerstone of free and fair elections. The choice of a voter should be free and the secret ballot system in a democracy ensures it.
- Introduce with significance of free and fair election in a democracy like India
- Highlight the major feature of the act.
- Discuss the challenges associated.
- Suggest way ahead: such totaliser machine,strengthening election commission etc