Q.1) Instead of taking coercive steps, the government must ensure access to education and employment for women which will help delay the age at which they get married. Discuss (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - Recently, the task force set up to take a relook at the age of marriage for women has submitted its report to the Prime Minister’s Office and the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Intro - Start with the context - Jaya Jaitley task force
- Term of reference of task force
- Need for increasing age of marriage from 18 to 21 years
Way ahead - Empowerment of women is more important etc
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion
Q.2) Discuss the contribution of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in the Indian Freedom Struggle. (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - Recently, the Union Culture Ministry of India announced that January 23 - birth anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose, would be celebrated as “Parakram Diwas”, to mark day of courage every year.
Intro - A Brief about Netaji
- Contribution of Netaji in the freedom struggle -
- As a member of INC
- After resigning from INC
- As a member of Indian National Army
Conclusion - In recognition of his contribution, the government of India has recently announced to celebrate January 23 - birth anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose as “Parakram Diwas”, to mark the day of courage every year.
Q.3) Nepal cannot afford to enter in another round of political instability. India-Nepal bilateral relations must improve to give a humane consideration to it. Discuss. (150 words)
Why this question?
- Nepal’s Prime Minister dissolved the House of Representatives recently.
Introdcuton: Briefly mention the background of political instability in Nepal.
- Challenges for democracy in Nepal
- Recent developments in India-Nepal bilateral relations including development partnerships.
- Challenges for India-Nepal relations
Conclusion: Conclude with a way forward