Q.1) Discuss the dimensions that differentiate the ongoing Corona Financial Crisis with that of Global Financial Crisis.
Keywords for the answer
KeyWords for Answer
- Briefly Introduce the ongoing financial Crisis owing to Corona and also add a line or two about Global Financial Crisis.
- Compare the contrast the CFC and GFC
- Can choose the dimensions: Origin and Transmission, Affected nations, Asymmetry of Solutions, and Synergy in policy interventions.
- Also bring out the similarities between the crises.
- Conclude with the need for better planning of pandemics, early warning and information sharing, an enforceable global protocol. Also talk about the need for sustainable development, climate change in conclusion.
Q.2) The first step towards making India Aatmanirbhar or self-reliant is empowering farmers. Comment. (15marks - 250word)
Why this question? - Under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat, Government of India announced the 3rd tranche of a package for reforming India’s agriculture sector.
Intro - One can start by quoting data on agriculture sector’s contribution to India’s GDP, workforce employed by the sector etc, to highlight the importance of the sector.
Body - Begin with highlighting problems faced by the sector and tell without reforming the sector Aatmanibhar Bharat is difficult to achieve.
Then,mention reforms taken by the GoI - marketing, infrastructure etc.
Way forward - What more needs to be done to double farmer’s income by 2022.
Conclude - The pandemic has given the government an opportunity to bring structural reforms in the sector.
Q.3) GOAL initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs can be a game changer for development of tribals. Comment. 10 marks
Why this question:
‘Goal’ (Going Online as Leaders) programme of M/o Tribal Affairs for Digital Skilling of Tribal Youth across India in partnership with Facebook was recently launched.
You can tell it was recently launched in collaboration with facebook for imparting digital skills to tribal youth.
Tell about the program:
- It is aimed at imparting digital literacy
- 5000 tribals would be targeted
- One mentor will have 2 mentees
- comprising 28 weeks of mentorship followed by eight weeks of internship.
- The program will focus on three core areas – Digital Literacy, Life Skills and Leadership and Entrepreneurship, and on sectors such as Agriculture, Art & Culture, Handicrafts & Textiles, Health, Nutrition, among others.
Game Changer for Tribals:
- Explore their hidden talents
- Curtail Digital Divide
- Integrating them with mainstream
- Financial Independence
- Awareness Generation
- Empowerment of Tribal women
By linking the initiative with the concept of welfare state or Article 46 of the constitution.
Q.4)National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is one of the biggest steps for bringing reforms in medical education in India. Critically analyze.
Why this question?
Recently Supreme Court held that the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test(NEET) would not violate the rights of minorities to run their own institutions.
The rationale for the creation of NEET can be mentioned: prevent exploitation, profiteering, and commercialization of education.
- Basic details of The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)
- National testing agency
- Merits of NEET
- check several maladies which crept into medical education, to prevent capitation fee by admitting students which are lower in merit
- reduces the burden from the shoulders of students
- Saving time and money
- Criticism of NEET
- Centralizing tendencies
- Disadvantage to certain section of students
- Issue of Regional Translation
- Differential treatment to minorities etc
NEET may have some loopholes currently. But, probably it is one of the biggest steps for bringing reforms in medical education in India. In the long term, it should benefit students and strengthen the health sector of the country.