Q.1) What are ‘Recoiling’ black holes? Highlight their significance. (10 Marks - 150 Words)
Why this question? - A supermassive black hole, which is estimated to weigh up to 100 billion times the mass of the Sun, is seemingly missing, leaving astronomers puzzled.
Intro - About black holes
- Define recoiling black holes
- Their significance
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion
Q.2) India is on the verge of a digital lending revolution and making sure that this lending is done responsibly only can ensure the success of this revolution. Discuss. (150 words)
Why this question?
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted a working group on digital lending — including online platforms and mobile apps — to study all aspects of digital lending activities in the regulated financial sector as well as by unregulated players.
Introduction: Give a brief info about digital lending and recent controversy associated with it.
Significance of Digital Lending
- Financial Inclusion
- Reduce Borrowing from informal channels
- Time Saving
Issues with Digital Lending Platforms
- Growing number of unauthorised digital lending platforms and mobile applications
- Excessive rates of interest and additional hidden charges
- Data privacy
Steps taken by RBI
Conclusion: A balanced approach needs to be followed so that the regulatory framework supports innovation while ensuring data security, privacy, confidentiality and consumer protection.