Q.1) The Bharatmala Pariyojana (BMP) initiative of the Government of India is likely to have a positive impact on India’s economic growth. Critically examine. (15 Marks - 250 words)
Why this question? - The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has taken up a detailed review of National Highways (NHs) network and has given overall investment approval for Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase I Scheme.
Intro - A brief about Bharatmala project.
- Salient features of the project that will have positive impacts on India’s economic growth.
- Issues faced by the project.
Way forward and Conclusion - Ways to overcome the above mentioned issues and summarize your answer.
Q.2) The current year marks the 15th anniversary of the Right to Information Act, 2005. Critically analyse the performance of the Avt so far. (250 words)
Why this question?
- A report card has been brought out by the Satark Nagrik Sangathan and the Centre for Equity Studies to mark the 15th anniversary of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Introduction: At a time when incentives for secrecy are great, and the scope for discretionary actions wide, the role of RTI Act is crucial to ensure that people can obtain information on healthcare facilities, social security programs and delivery of essential goods and services meant for those in distress.
Body: Discuss the following aspects
- Achievements of RTI Act like disposal of cases, establishing transparency etc.
- Recent data about performances of Information Commissions
- Pending cases
- Vacancies of information commissioners
- Impunity for the government. officials
- RTI amendments
- RTI and Judiciary
- RTI and political parties
Conclusion: Summarize and provide a way forward
Q.3) As winters approach air pollution in NCR towns is a regular phenomena. Highlight the reasons and steps taken to reduce adverse effects of air pollution in the region. (15 Marks - 250 words)
Why this question? - As winters approaches, some stricter measures to fight air pollution will come into force in Delhi and its neighbouring National Capital Region (NCR) towns, as part of the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP).
Intro - A brief about NCR region and air pollution it faces.
- Why does air pollution become severe in winters? - Reasons.
- Steps taken by the governments in the region.
Way ahead and conclusion - Tell what more needs to be done and summarize your answer.