Q.1) According to reports, the online video streaming platform (OTT) is growing rapidly in India. In this context, highlight the need for regulating these platforms. (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - The government has brought video streaming over-the-top (OTT) platforms such as Netflix, Amazon’s Prime Video, Hotstar, and others under the ambit of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Intro - Define OTT and data of their market capture in India.
- Benefits of OTT
- Issues related with OTT
Way ahead - Regulating without censoring the genuine content.
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion.
Q.2) Critically discuss the pros and cons of the PPP model for infrastructure development of the country. (250 words)
Why this question?
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister has approved continuation and revamping of the Scheme for Financial Support to Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Infrastructure Viability Gap Funding (VGF) Scheme Till 2024-25. Thus the question.
Introduction: Brief info about PPP models.
- Incentivizing the private sector to deliver timely projects and within budget.
- It helps in making the country more competitive in terms of infrastructure base
- Employment generation
- Better social infrastructure solutions
- Risk for the private participants
- Increased government’s costs.
- Delay in project approvals
- Complex dispute resolution mechanism
- Lower than expected revenues
Conclusion: Summarize and provide a way forward including the draft National PPP policy.
Q.3) What is the maritime cluster coming up at GIFT City in Gujarat? Also elaborate its significance. (250 words)
Why this question?
While launching the Ghogha-Hazira ferry earlier this week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about the upcoming maritime cluster at GIFT City in Gujarat.
Mention in brief about concept of maritime cluster
- Details of cluster at GIFT City
- Mention it’s functions
- Mention its significance
- Few suggestions
Summarize the above discussion.