Q.1) In order to achieve SDG 4, identification, admission and continued education of migrant children is sine-qua-non. Discuss (15 Marks - 250 Words)
Why this question? - In order to mitigate the impact of challenges thrown by the COVID-19 pandemic for out of school children, the Ministry of Education had issued guidelines for identification, admission and continued education of migrant children.
Intro - Status of migrant children - education level.
- Reasons for poor education level among migrant children
- Steps taken by Indian and State govts
Way ahead - How to overcome these challenges
Conclusion - Summarize based on above discussion.
Q.2) Shift to electric vehicles is economically and environmentally viable and will influence India’s foreign policy. Discuss initiatives taken by India in promoting electric vehicles. ( 250 words)
Why this question?
- In 2020, Norway further cemented its position as a world leader in renewable technologies, as battery electric vehicles (BEVs) made up more than half of all vehicles sold in the country during the year.
Introduction: Give brief info about electric vehicles’ (EV) technology.
Impact of EV
- Reducing dependence on crude oil will save the government money, reduce carbon emissions, and build domestic energy independence.
- India imported 228.6 MT of crude oil worth $120 billion in 2018–19, which made it the third-largest oil importer in the world in terms of value.
- Infrastructure: India’s transition to electric vehicles will allow us to fine-tune our infrastructure.
- Foreign policy: This will also influence India’s foreign policy as our energy security dependence will shift from West Asia to Latin America.
- FAME-I, FAME-II
- Developing domestic battery manufacturing capacity
- Mining for Lithium and Cobalt
Conclusion: Suggest the future course to be taken in this direction.