Q) Analyse the reasons behind the rise in the crime graph in light of the annual Crime in India 2019 report published by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). (150 words)
Why this question?
- Crime against Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) increased by over 7% and 26% respectively in year 2019 compared to 2018, according to the annual Crime in India 2019 report published by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). Thus the question.
Introduction: The rise in the crime graph is due to weak political will and loose grip on administration. Another reason is that people approach police freely which reflects in the increased number of criminal cases.
Body: Discuss the following aspects
- Key takeaways from the NCRB data:
- Cases for committing crime against SCs
- Crime against STs
- Cognizable crimes
- Crime against women
- Crimes against children
- Reasons behind rise in crime
- Governance issues
- Socio-economic factors like vulnerability of women and dalits
- Internet penetration
Conclusion: Summarize and provide a way forward