Q. As a young country, India has a lot to be optimistic as well as skeptical about the Artificial Intelligence(AI)-future. Comment (15 marks - 250 words)
Why this question? - Government of India has launched National AI Portal and Responsible AI for Youths.
Intro - One can start either by defining AI or with some data on AI potential in India.
Body - Importance of AL for India, especially in the present context of pandemic. Now make two different subheadings optimism and skepticism. In skepticism one can quote the Mckinsey Report on AI Readiness in India.
Way ahead - Minimize losses and maximize benefits.
Conclude - On a futuristic note.
Q. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes ((Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 is one of the most important legislations to promote Social Justice. Comment. 10 marks (150 words)
Why this question:
The Punjab & Haryana High Court has ruled that the use of caste-based remarks during a phone call does not constitute an offence under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
Define social justice in brief.
Connect SC and ST Atrocities act framing with Preamble (Justice - Social, Economic and Political) and A-17 (Abolition of Untouchability) .
Mention some key provisions (Especially ones which gives higher protection and augment social justice):
- Cognizable offence
- No anticipatory bail
- No preliminary enquiry before registering FIR
- Offender can’t be a SC/ST
- Burden of proof on accused
- Provision of special courts
Got more strengthened with 2016 Amendment ( More offences added) and 2018 amendment (which reversed Subhash Kashinath vs State of Maharashtra 2018 Judgement) , however its misuse by some should be curtailed so as to maintain the sanctity of act.
Ques. New Delhi cannot afford any dissonance in the strong and reliable relationship with Gurkha troops, due to the ongoing boundary dispute with Nepal. Opine.
Why this question?
- Recent remarks by the Indian Army chief implying that Nepal was raising imaginary border claims with India at China’s behest could hit the relations between the Indian Army and the Nepalaese origin Gukha soldiers.
Introduction to the answer
- Current boundary dispute with Nepal in brief
- About Gurkhas
- Gurkha ties with Indian Army
- Their significance
- Keeping in mind the significance of Gurkhas in the Indian Army, there is a need for damage control measures from the Indian Army to boost the morale of Gurkha soldiers
Q) PM CARES fund will be an important tool to tackle the financial problems associated with COVID-19. Critically analyze. (250 words)
Why in the news?
PMO recently said that PM CARES is not a public authority under the RTI Act.
Unprecedented threat of COVID-19 and need of financial impetus
- About PM-CARES
- Rationale for creation
- Differences with PMNRF
- Criticism of functioning
- Lack of transparency and accountability
- Not under RTI
- Unutilized funds of PMNRF etc
Mention the need for transparency for better functioning of the fund.
Q) The inclusion of India, Russia, South Korea, and Australia in the G-7 forum would make it more relevant. Comment (150 words)
Why in the news?
US President recently said that he wanted to include India, Russia, South Korea, and Australia in the G-7 group.
In brief introduce G-7 and its relevance
- About G-7
- Problems in functioning
- Recent suggestions by US President
- Implications of the move
India deserves a place at the global decision-making bodies.