Context: Recently, the Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways reviewed the proposed Chambal Express Project.
More on the news:
- The meeting emphasised on expeditious environment clearance, land acquisition and royalty/local tax exemptions to make the project see the light of the day soon.
About the project:
- Chambal Expressway is a proposed Six-lane expressway in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- The proposed highway measures 404 kms. The 'Expressway' will be 309 km long in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Rs. 8,200 crore Project will be passing through MP, UP and Rajasthan.
- The proposed highway will connect the historic towns of kota in Rajasthan to Etawah in Uttar Pradesh alongside the Chambal River which will cover towns like Sheopur Morena, Shampur, Ater and Gohad.
- It also will provide cross connectivity with Golden Quadrilateral's Delhi-Kolkata corridor, North-South Corridor, East-West Corridor and Delhi-Mumbai -Expressway.
- It is expected that the project may be completed in about 2 years after land acquisition.
- Apart from providing smooth traffic & goods movement the project will immensely benefit the area and people of the backward region along the Expressway.
- The project aims to cater to the development of way side amenities besides industrial and commercial clusters with potential for having smart cities, mandis, humar haats etc on both sides.
Thus the project offers huge employment potential in these districts & adjoining areas.
Image Source: Financial Express