Scientists at the Neuroimaging and Neuro Spectroscopy Laboratory (NINS) of the National Brain Research Center (NBRC), Manesar, Haryana, have developed Brahma, which will show intrinsic details about the anatomy of the Indian brain.
- Brain template is a gross representation from various brain images to understand brain functionality in diseased conditions.
- Brahma will be a crucial guide for Indian brain scientists as doctors have so far relied solely on US and Canadian brain templates for anatomical details for surgery and treatment of Indian patients.
- Brahma can be used for research and later can be validated for clinical use for surgical procedure. This template will be available for academic use free of charge.
- The development of the Indian brain template will be helpful to achieve a more accurate and precise allocation of brain regions in neurosurgery.
- It uses the brain’s stress levels and pH for early identification of brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, depression and schizophrenia.