Context: Recently, the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), under Ministry of AYUSH and Delhi Police organised AYURAKSHA programme for Delhi Police personnel.
About the programme:
- The joint programme for Delhi Police Personnel titled AYURAKSHA “Corona Se Jung- Delhi Police Ke Sang” aims to fight against corona through simple and time tested Ayurveda immunity boosting measures.
- The recommended formulations like Chyawanaprasha (Amla as main content), Anu Taila and SanshamaniVati (prepared from Guduchi) have simple herbs which are time tested and scientifically proven for enhancing immunity.
- These measures are as per the advisory issued by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Identification of police personnel: The All India Institute of Ayurveda has also planned for identifying police officials or officers with co morbid conditions like Diabetes, Stress, Hypertension etc. who are more susceptible to this pandemic.
- These officials or officers will be provided additional support and care.
- A proper health record would be maintained in a digital format for all the officers or officials taking these medicines.
- For this a specially designed questionnaire and Digital Arogya Sanjivani developed by the Ministry of AYUSH would be used.
- The joint venture of AIIA and Delhi Police is the biggest ever first of its kind and will be successful and a role model for others.
- The proposal would be implemented in a phase wise manner.
Promotion of health and prevention of diseases by a healthy daily regimen of lifestyle and immune boosters is the core objective of Ayurveda.
The Ayush Ministry is working for AYUSH medicines to be given as add-on therapy for COVID 19 positive cases.