Context: The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched ‘Atma Nirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
More on the news: ASEEM is an endeavour to improve the information flow and bridge the demand-supply gap in the skilled workforce market.
- Envisaging the rapidly changing nature of work and how it impacts the workforce is crucial in restructuring the skilling ecosystem with the new normal settling post-pandemic.
- This resulted in the need for identifying major skills gaps in the sectors and providing review of global best practices.
- This will help migrant labour, who has been severely impacted by the socio-economic fallout of the COVID pandemic.
- In the current context, the National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC) has taken up the responsibility of mapping the dispersed migrant population around the country.
- The launch of ASEEM is the first step on that journey.
About the portal:
- ASEEM is developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based company Betterplace.
- The Artificial Intelligence-based platform:
- Will help in recruiting a skilled workforce that spurs business competitiveness and economic growth.
- Has been envisioned to strengthen their career pathways by hand holding them through their journeys to attain industry-relevant skills and explore emerging job opportunities especially in the post COVID era.
- Will provide employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- Refers to all the data, trends and analytics which describe the workforce market and map demand of skilled workforce to supply.
- Will provide real-time granular information by identifying relevant skilling requirements and employment prospects.
- The portal is driven by the Indian government’s vision of ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ and assertion of India as a talent powerhouse.
- The ASEEM portal will bring limitless and infinite opportunities for the nation’s youth. The initiative aims to accelerate India’s journey towards recovery by mapping skilled workforce and connecting them with relevant livelihood opportunities in their local communities especially in the post COVID era.
- With the increasing use of technology and e-management systems, this platform will ensure we bring in close convergence and coordination across various schemes and programs operating in the skill ecosystem.
- This will also ensure monitoring of any sort of duplication of data and further re-engineer the vocational training landscape in the country ensuring a skilling, up-skilling and reskilling in a more organised set up.
ASEEM will help employers, agencies and job aggregators looking for skilled workforce in specific sectors to have the required details at their fingertips. It will also enable policymakers to take a more objective view of various sectors.
Image Source: PIB