About the initiative:
- Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) is a unique initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty using MOOC platform.
- In the first instance NTA conducted ARPIT Test on 30th March 2019 in 66 disciplines.
- Currently, 48 discipline-specific National Resource Centres (NRCs) have been identified by MHRD, wherein Course Coordinators have prepared online training material, with focus on latest developments in the discipline. ARPIT is going to be an ongoing exercise.
- National Resource Centres (NRC) will be identified to prepare online training material.
- NRC will be in a mixed range of institutions such as, Central Universities, IISc, IUCAA, IITs, IISERs, NITs, IGNOU, State Universities, UGC‘s Human Resource Development Centres (HRDCs) and National Institutes for Technical Teachers Training.
- It will focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum