In news: TRIFED introduced the “The 4P1000 Initiative: The Tribal Perspective through Bamboonomics”.
About 4P 1000:
- The international initiative “4P 1000”, launched by France on 1 December 2015 at the COP 21, consists of federating all voluntary stakeholders of the public and private sectors.
- TRIFED will involve the tribal community of India for rehabilitating the degraded land without compromising the income of the poor in the garb of environmentally friendly development.
- TRIFED is striving to integrate its Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojna (PMVDY) with this new global environmental intervention termed as TICD (TRIFED’s Initiative to Combat Desertification).
- TRIFED proposed a business model to supplement the income of tribal community and put it on the world scale by partnering with the German Cooperation (GIZ).
- It called for globalization of this movement by further international cooperation.
- TRIFED’s message to UNCCD is that the 4P1000 Initiative with the tribal perspective through Bamboo Nomics is the best answer for combating desertification and rehabilitation of degraded wastelands.